Monday, January 19, 2015

Who am I?

Who am I? That is a loaded question! Technically, I am a stay at home mom. I don’t have a full or part time job outside of the house. I don’t run my own huge business. I don’t have a schedule given to me by someone in management. I am blessed to be able to run my schedule according to what the family needs and wants. To my friends I am someone who gets to do what I want when I want. To those who don’t know me I am someone who gets to sit around and be lazy all day. To my family I am everything!

Before I get into all of what is going on let me tell you a little about those you will meet in this blog:


My husband (Hubby) and I have been together for 14 years and married for almost 12 years. We have 2 girls, Sister (13 years old) and Monkey (7 years old). I was born and raised in Daytona Beach, Florida. Hubby was born and raised in Dallas, Texas and lived there until he moved to Florida for college. We met while he was there and, as they say, that was all she wrote. Sister was born in Daytona Beach as well and we lived there until 2004. We left Daytona and moved to small town Tennessee. Monkey blessed us with her appearance while in Tennessee. Shortly after we became a family of 4 we decided that small town living wasn’t for us so we moved to the Dallas area. We have been here since 2007 and have made ourselves at home for the most part.


So now that you know who my family is back to the question of this post. Who am I?I do get to “stay home” with my girls. However, staying home might mean something different to me than it does to you or your friends. Staying home for me is not to sit and watch tv, eat ice cream, and not do anything. Staying home for me is that I am cleaning, planning, organizing. Most of the days I am running from here to there, or working on some project that I have going to bless my family with.


As I said before, I don’t have a part or full time job but I do run a small business on the side.Something Special Bottlecaps is my little business that I try to make a little income from to help out the family. It’s custom-made bottlecap keychains and magnets. The site is still in the works as well as a possible Etsy store coming soon. I am still debating on the way that I want to run that business.


I have a huge passion in my life that consumes almost everything. This passion is PINK. Not really the color but what it signifies. It signifies the fight that many people go through each year. Every year I walk the Susan G. Komen 3 Day for a Cure. This is a 60 mile walk completed over the course of 3 days. The walk is hosted in 7 different cities across the United States. I participate in the Dallas Fort Worth event. 2015 will be my 5th event. This is my way of fighting back against the beast known as cancer.


That’s a little about myself and as you continue to read more on this blog. This blog is going to be a mishmash of all things that happen around here. Posts will be about what I’m reading, my planner/organizer, my family etc.



Thanks for reading,
Pinky-designstyle-love-heart-m






No comments:

Post a Comment